Go Back   PinoyHandyMan Do-It-Yourself Community > In and Out of the House > Home Building and Improvement

Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Jr Apprentice

Default calculate how many hollow blocks I need

I have 250sq m lot. I want to calculate how many hollow blocks I need (Paikot). 10 feet ang height ng wall.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
2diy4

Default Re: calculate how many hollow blocks I need

The critical dimension to know is the length and width of the lot, to determine the perimeter. If squarish, each side of the lot will be approximately 16 meters.

Perimeter times height equals the number of square meters of wall. So 16 meter length of each side times 4 sides times 3 meter height equals 192 square meters.

Each square meter of hollow block wall needs 12.5 pieces of hollow blocks or you need 2,400 pieces.

But you need to remove the area of the posts required for the wall from the computation.

To compute for the amount of cement and sand to fill and set the blocks, multiply the number of square meters of wall by .525 bags of cement and .0437 cubic meters of sand. This is for 6" CHB.

So your wall will require approximately 101 bags of cement and 8.5 cubic meters of sand.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Jr Apprentice

Great help. Thanks a lot!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Jr Apprentice

Ask ko na rin po, what if 4" CHB? How many bags per sq.m will be used?

Yun po bang 0.525 bag per sq.m na 6" kasama na palitada nun or pang fill lang yun?

How about sa floor? What is the standard thickness and papano yung mixing (sand/cement) or yung consumption niya?

Many thanks